Thursday, February 11, 2010

Top 10 Things To Do If You're Skipping Fashion Week: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,

In light of recent personal events, Michelle and I have opted not to cover fashion week or attend too many events. I’ll hit up some key shows that I always enjoy – Michael Kors, Jill Stuart and Marchesa. Night events are pretty much out of the question – too much social activity at the moment without the safety net of real friends around me. But, I certainly won’t pass up on the Robert Verdi fashion week lounge and maybe the HauteLook suite, if only to catch up with my nice pr friends from Kaplow.

What shall I do with my free time this week given the fact that everyone will be coordinating, emailing, scheduling, planning or writing something to do with Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week?

  1. Cook eight meals from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1 – a drastic departure from frolicking around Bryant Park and barley having enough time to grab a quick soup or salad at Pax

  2. Reread a classic like The Scarlet Letter or A Tale of Two Cities – although I’ll miss my The Daily fix

  3. Learn to speak French – it can come in handy if I ever go to Paris Fashion Week

  4. Hit up eight different TJ Maxx stores and see what looks I can score from each with only $200 – because yes you can look fabulous and attend fashion week in a head-to-toe look from an off-price retailer for less than most gals at the tents paid for their shoes

  5. Visit the fashion district and take pictures of building, factories and offices – some day it will make for a great book which I can promote at a fancy fashion week suite (find other inspirations for your book chicos and chicas, my legal team does exist and they bite)

  6. Finish my 2009 taxes – so the IRS will not hunt me down because with my luck they’ll get me right before I walk into the Badgley Mischka show … scandal

  7. Actually watch and enjoy the shows in the comfort of my home with a glass of coco – reminds me of pre 2005 days when I was still a student at NYU; memories … tear

  8. Attend the ballet at Lincoln Center – really familiarize myself with the next home of NY fashion week (starting September 2010 Bryant Park is out and Lincoln Center is in)

  9. Exercise the body daily – although running in heels from show to presentation to event is much better than doing lunges with a weight ball, I never have time to focus on my abs and obliques when I'm working 23-7

  10. Lots of smiling – everyone at the tents is always complaining about how horrible the schedule is and how tired they are. Enough! We are lucky to get paid to do what we enjoy and I always like to stress that if we aren’t happy how the heck does someone else feel at a s**ty 9-to-5 job? Live it up people. And, don’t forget I’m out this season, but I’ll Carpe Diem all over Lincoln Center come September 2010.

For your fashion week fix check out what my friends Nola (fashion) and India (beauty) are doing at Glam.com.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman
Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


SPONSOR:
shopbop.com

1 comment:

Ms. Givens said...

I really enjoy being one of your followers!
Your blog makes me long for a different life, although I do have a fabulous 9-5 office job. It allows me to read blogs. LOL