Monday, August 14, 2006

Resort 2007 - what's all the HYPE?


Dear Bagistas,

Resort season is officially an entire new shopping season. It used to be for the rich and richer, but now every department store and boutique is telling shoppers that they need to purchase beaded turquoise tunics, bikinis, and raffia bags in November.

As a buyer (for the BagTrends.com SHOP) I'm not too excited about having to replenish yet another time just to compete with Saks and Scoop. As a shopper, I'm thrilled to have another excuse to shop. I mean really, you can't expect a gal to wear the same straw clutch in NY as she would in Riviera Maya, Mexico?

So, I wanted to preview some fun resort bags from HYPE. They did a lot of red with white and sea biscuit (a major trend for the season, overall). Leather is mixed with straw or eyelet. Popular fall details like kisslock closures, framed bags and chain handles get a softer interpretation.


Look at this, we're barely done with summer and already the mind begins to fantasize future fashion scores.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those bags, where can I buy them,I love especially the red big crochet nautical tote.

Pamela Pekerman said...

Isn't it a wonderful bag. I'm posting the inside view of the bag so you see how smart the designer is.

We'll be selling it on BagTrends.com. If you are interested in pre-ordering the bag you can send an e-mail to customerservice@bagtrends.com.

Someone will get back to you with the ship date and price within 24 hr.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman