Saturday, July 22, 2006

Kiss and Make Up

Dear Bagistas,

I'm a glamour gal. I rarely wear jeans. The one pair of sneakers I own are hardly used. In fact, if I could, I would wake up in stilettos. So, it's no surprise that I gravitate towards anything that screams Old Hollywood glamour. Case-in-point, my new obsession with kiss-lock frame handbags. They have a wonderful vintage feel that transport my mind into an F Scott Fitzgerald book. For one brief moment I am Daisy, Gatsy's object of affection.

Back on planet earth, some wonderful kiss lock bags include:

  • Marc Jacobs' Stam is big enough for everyday use and the thick chain gives it s rougher, more modern spin
  • Franchi Bella Bow Clutch is ideal for those special evenings
  • Judith Leiber Slim Octagon clutch in black Austrian crystals is never going to go out of style. The price tag is high, but the longevity is worth it.
  • If you’re looking for the real deal, check out your local vintage shop or www.vintagebag.com. Not only will the selection impress you, but the founder Cara Chell is quite knowledgeable in the field of vintage bags. You just might learn a something while you shop!

Have a bag-a-licious day!

Pamela Pekerman

1 comment:

junation said...

The Slim Octagon clutch is eyecatching.