Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pamela Pekerman hosts MCM Handbags Soiree for International Women's Day: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

Last Friday, I hosted an exciting International Women's Day Soiree for MCM Handbags at their uber-sleek Plaza Boutiques store (in the renounced Plaza Hotel location, across the street from Central Park.) Fancy me! I was thrilled to speak on behalf of such a prestigious brand, one that I remember quite vividly from childhood. That's actually one of the reasons they invited me to host the event, which was primarily catered to the Russian shopper who would have also remembered this iconic brand from the late 80s and early 90s. Being that I'm a product of this community and I'm a handbag expert it was a perfect union. For 6 hours I chatted up MCM's history, their fabulous spring 09 line (the watermelon bags had me watering at the mouth for sure!) which includes the permanent return of the Vintage Cognac Visetos Collection, and overall trends for spring and beyond. Below are some shots from the event, including some very happy shoppers who enjoyed the evening's 20% off special. The evening capped off when a Russian news crew from RTVi came to film the event and do an interview with me - in Russian! Grand was so proud :).


me with MCM Boston bag in melon and friends from Surface Magazine


happy shoppers - she bought the First Lady bag in white ... amazing done tote (i will own soon)


MCM Spring 2009 Collection


Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

1 comment:

Carayael said...

Enjoying this blog and goes nicely in hand with the views and trends at emoda.com