Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Frye Spring 2010 Preview Kicks Off My Day: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

It was a non-stop day of spring 2010 preview appointments. I kicked off the morning with a Frye presentation. I’m not really a rugged, leather boots and saddle bag kind of gal, but Frye isn’t just that any more. Their offerings have expanded without losing site of their worn leather and hand detailed pieces. The Weave Magazine Shoulder Bag in violet with a woven lanyard-like rope handle, really caught my eye ($368). This shape is part of the assortment of huaraches. At the presentation, it was nice catching up with the ladies from the Bromley Group, which reps Frye. Karen Bromley is always a delight to see and her tribal-cool necklace was having its own fashion moment – just wish I took a picture to share with you. In my past life, I used to intern for the Bromley Group and despite my abrupt departure (long story – nothing too dramatic) I’ve kept in touch with Karen. Before departing, I was gifted a leather-bound Frye notebook. You really can’t give a writer anything better!

Holly Drawstring in Ecru



Dara Honeycomb (left) and Rosy Honeycomb Sandal (right)
Wood/Soft Tote in Brown (top) and Wood/Soft Convertible Hobo in Brown (bottom)

After departing the Coca-Cola building on 55th and 5th, I walked to the P3R press preview on 37th and 7th and then cabbed it to Rebecca Minkoff’s spring 2010 line.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: