Monday, April 19, 2010

Jill Zarin's Book Party, Secrets of a Jewish Mother: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,

Last week, I attended the book launch for Jill Zarin’s Secrets of a Jewish Mother: Real Advice, Real Stories, Real Love. It was a great turnout with guests including fellow Real NY Housewives Luanne, Ramona and Kelly, Real NJ Housewives Caroline and Dina Manzo, Kell on Earth’s Kelly Cutrone and BRAVO’s Andy Cohen. Malorie Kaye of Cameo PR was my date for the night and we JAPS loved the Jewish themed hors d'oeuvres provided by Elegant Affair – mini bagel with lox spread, kugel, and latkes. Malorie’s highlight was getting to chat with her pr icon Kelly Cutrone – whom we both agreed was incredibly kind and generous with her time. Malorie says Kelly’s book If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You changed her life, so I just ordered it from Amazon. My highlight was getting the Mazel of the Week from Andy Cohen on Monday instead of waiting until Thursday night's show. I also enjoyed meeting Lauren Manzo (daughter of Caroline from NJ Housewives and aspired makeup artist) who was sporting a glowing 2enlight10 clutch. The brand is the brainchild of Regine Basha (yes, Aaron Basha’s daughter) who happens to be a friend of the Manzo’s. If you recall, back in September I broke the story about the launch of 2enlight10 on AOL’s StyleList.com.

As for Jill, I didn’t chat with her as she was being swarmed by press – good job Amanda (her rep from AKR PR). I did snag a peak at Jill’s divine, suede, emerald green Christian Louboutin pumps. They were the perfect shade for her reddish hair. And, as I sit here in my home office (with a nasty cold) I’m channeling my own Louboutin moment in my new coral pumps. Nothing like a good accessory to make a gal feel better!

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman
Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR:
Saks Fifth Avenue

No comments: