Friday, June 13, 2008

Recession-Proof Handbag Picks with Bag Expert Pamela Pekerman: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

Every morning I do my excising to CNN - yes I've been working out for about a month and it really is all it's cracked up to be in terms of energy level for the day!! Issue #1, the economy sucks. No, I didn't need talking heads to tell me that. I just need to look at the pump (about $4.40 per gallon in my area), or look at airline bills for all my recent work-related travels (hello $500 for Vegas!!), or just seeing how much leather, hardware and shipping costs have risen which in turn causes handbag prices to rise. So, I've decided to go budget conscious - at least on Thursdays :) - and highlight some of my favorite bags that are busting with style and not busting your wallet. Going forward, THURSDAY will be RECESSION PROOF HANDBAG PICKS.

This week, head over to shopbop.com and get the Marc by Marc Jacobs Big Standard Supply Tote $74. This spacious canvas style is a great beach bag and weekender option. It has tons of pockets for in the bag beach essentials like SPF lotions, magazines/books, towels and a second bikini. For evenings, switch into this fun turquoise beaded clutch from Trina Turk $80, available at SHOPBagTrends.com. The bamboo handle detailing is really fun and a great interpretations of the global trend. Plus, buy this clutch and get another bag for 30% OFF.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Big Standard Supply Tote

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman
Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR



No comments: