Thursday, September 25, 2008

In The Swag Bag,Glam and Express at SS09 NY Fashion Week: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

With all the BagTrends Arm Candy Party craziness, I haven't even shared any fashion week scoop, bag sightings or "in the swag bag" reviews. To be honest, I didn't go to too many shows this season (thank goodness for style.com and great press contacts that will let me check out bags up close over the coming weeks) because it was all arm candy party focus!! I did, however, attend a few shows, several fun events, and bag previews including Anya Hindmarch and Elaine Turner (more on that later). The week kicked off quite nicely with a Glam.com event at the Library Hotel. I could only stay for about 20 minutes before rushing back to the tents to speak to guests at the AMEX Skybox about hot handbag trends - which was really cool. I ended up coming right back to the Glam event to catch up with Lauren from SecondCityStyle, Miss Meghan, and by bff Zandile from TheBlayReport. To maximize time I was thrilled Glam set up a mini salon; so I got a desperately needed pedicure. A pedi, good friends, great food... what else can a girl ask for? A gift bag? Normally, I don't care for them because it's usually 50% useless 30% gift certificates I will never use and 20% really heavy haircare products or candles!! Glam's bag had a flirty, black, cotton tank top from Express. I enjoy a tighter fit so I plan to use the $50 Express gift card that was also in the gift bag to ge a belt. A Skinny Croco Belt ($24.50) is right on trend for the season. With the leftover money I think I'll get this Jackson Pollack inspired A-line skirt.
Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR:



No comments: