Monday, September 08, 2008

Pam Pekerman fashion insider at AMEX Skybox, Tracy Rreese Spring 2009, Erin Fetherson, NYFW SS09: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

The weekend just flew by. Friday I did my thing at the AMEX Skybox, which was great. I love sharing my bag-a-licious scoop with an eager and attentive crowd. It was sort of like being on HSN only with a very intimate group of about 30 women (and a few guys) and the freedom to really speak about any price point, any brand, and really anything I wanted. The women asked about current trends, what to expect for spring, is hardware going to be big, are exotics still in and what do I think about big bags. My abridged answers: fall is about berry colors and structured bags in medium sizes; spring will continue to see a strong push for long structured totes and plenty of day-night clutches; hardware will slowly creep back into vogue especially in the form of exposed zippers; exotic skins are always hot, hot, hot; big bags are a big pain - save your backs. (just as soon as my FLIP video is fixed, I'll show you the inside of the AMEX Skybox).

While at the AMEX Skybox, I caught the Rubin Singer, Perry Ellis, tail end of BCBG and the Erin Fetherson show. I'm not a fan of Erin's clothing - a bit too girly and flowy for me. This season was a bit more grown up, but still with a bubble gum color palette. The soft, billowing layers featured on a few dresses also reminded me of a cross between cotton candy and a really cheesy wedding dress. That being said, many of the women in the room did like her work, so it's just a matter of what you prefer. I'm more into architectural pieces and saturated colors.

Saturday was wretched so I stayed home and worked on final details for the upcoming BagTrends Arm Candy Party. You're coming, right? ;)

Yesterday I reluctantly heading back to the tents - it was such a beautiful day and I wanted to go swimming. But, I had a date with Tracy Reese and nothing can hold me back when it comes to her. I met up with Karen, who does video for MyItThings.com and we headed backstage to get the scoop on Tracy's Spring/Summer 2009 collection. I interviewed makeup artist, Mally - who's the sweetest and always makes time to chat with me. For the full interview, checkout http://insidethetents.com/. After the show, I also caught up with Tracy - that interview should be up soon.

I'm not going to any shows today, too much work in the office!

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman
Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: