Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Meet Engie Hassan, Designer, Stylist, Bergdorf Goodman Personal Shopper: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,

It’s been a long and inspiring day. What a way to jump back into the work week after a vacation! Before I call it a day, I want to introduce you to a very exciting gal who is one of my Power Women – the ladies that give me the mojo to keep pushing and growing my business. Her name is Engie Hassan and we met about two years ago at an event hosted by another power woman, Kathryn Finney aka The Budget Fashionista. Engie approached me as I was getting some wine. I can’t recall what we talked about in that brief, first encounter, but I can recount her immaculate ensemble and infectious energy. “This girl was going places,” I thought.

Fast forward two years and Engie has gone from Vogue staffer to personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman and the Pierre Hotel to image consultant to stylist for celebrities and royalty. Last month, Engie realized yet another dream when she launched her premier fashion collection, “Rouge et Noir,” as part of “Once Upon A Time,” a fashion presentation to benefit the New York Restoration Project’s MillionTreesNYC initiative. As Engie puts it, “My collection is inspired by the modest, classical style of the stars and starlets of the bygone Golden age of Hollywood.” As a lover of sensuality over sexually and classical versus trend chaser, I happily co-chaired Engie’s event. Below are some sketches of her first collection. I can’t wait to see what future season’s have in store as this multi-talented stylist and designer tweaks and toils away. And, Engie, I will take you up on the offer of borrowing a few pieces here and there ;)

For more on Engie Hassan visit: EngieStyle.com. You can also follow her on twitter www.twitter.com/EngieStyle.


Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: