Since last February, I have been working with WSA (World Shoe and Accessories aka the largest accessories trade show in the world) as a handbag trend forecaster. Last week, I switched gears and covered shoes.
On October 18th, New York's famed Waldorf-Astoria hosted the 13th annual FFANY Shoes on Sale - an insane shoe sale with ALL proceeds going to breast cancer research and education. There was also a yummy dinner, an awards show and a musical performance by Mya. Yes, it was that fabulous.
To read my article visit WSAToday.com.
Due to length some fun interviews had to be edited including my chats with talk-show diva Wendy Williams, Project Runway's Nina Garcia and shoe therapist Miss Meghan. Visit the news section at BAGTRENDS.com next week for more fashion tips from these dashing divas.
For now, take a look at what the stars and fashion-elite decided to slip into that night:
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who was honored as Celebrity Fashion Muse, wore a black knee-length Jill Stuart dress; the evening's host, Carmen Electra sported at sparkling mini dress and matching Jimmy Choo sandals
- InStyle's Accessories Director, Alice Kim, in a voluminous Prada top (purchased during the recent Paris Fashion Week) and Christian Louboutin peep-toe slingbacks
- I caught the fabulous Wendy Williams (check out the Wendy Williams Experience at 11:30PM on VHI every Friday) in a shopping frenzy at the backstage Shoe Salon. For the night's gala she wore a Narma Kamali dress and Colin Stuart for Victoria Secret shoes. I loved her bedazzling hello kitty necklace :).
- Mya glided down the red carpet in a Grecian-inspired Max Azria gown. Check out her fabulous tear-drop earrings!! I wish I had shots of her rings - equally as fabulous and colorful. Once on stage, she slipped into black leggings, a rouched top and Christian Louboutin pumps.
- I don't know what he was wearing, but Queer Eye's resident fashion guru Carson Kressley looked sharp in his tux.
Just in case you are wondering what I for the fete, it was a rouched black Laundry dress and my divine Ruthie Davis pumps. The coat is Tracy Reese and has an amazing skirt finish, velvet trimmings and silk lining.
Have a bag-a-licious day!