Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MyItThings IT Designer Winner, Wakana Koike: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

What a crazy day. It started off with a bridal appointment at Mark Ignram Bridal Atelier. On the way to the city I got a call that I've been booked for a "Finding Money in Your Closet" segment on CW11. Tune in at 7:40am and 8:40am (more details tomorrow!!) Back to the salon, which was amazing. Ambiance, customer service, and an exquisite selection of bridal gowns. I may not have found the dress yet, but I found the bridal salon. Evey bride needs to go here! Next it was off to a meeting with an agency that shall remain nameless - they help me with all my contracts and big projects. It was exciting to discuss what's on the horizon for the coming months!! Then, it was back to my makeshift in the city where I needed to hustle to find people to take part in my CW11 segment. I also had just enough time to wrap up November's Top 3 Trends for BagTrends.com, sign a contact with HSN (yup I'm back October 22!) and connect with my bagtrends team. The evening capped off with MyItThings.com's It DESIGNER contest finale. The event, hosted by Mary Rambin (who used to design MOE Handbags) was wonderfully executed - great wine from Casa De Vinos, yummy hors d'oeuvres, music, and then there was the show. All three designers did a nice job - first was Adolfo Sanchez's "angelic, heavenly looks", Nora Del Busto's "reinterpretations of traditional Peruvian costumes" and Wakana Koike's "marine influences". Koike won in my book and the judges!! Congrats. When viewing the below images note that the prints are custom made by a Japanese ink-jet factory, according to Koike's specifications. In the famous words of Heidi Klum ... "enjoy the show."

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR:

Saks Fifth Avenue

No comments: