Saturday, April 23, 2011

Footwear Friday, Coye Nokes Susana Flat fall 2011: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Flat bread is something I can get behind, flat shoes not so much. But, due to recurring back pain, I need to find options that will occasionally give my body a rest, without sacrificing my need for a daily shoegasim. After previewing Coye Nokes’ fall 2011 collection at the Andaz Hotel, last week, I may have found my solution. The Susana Flat is polished without being prissy, and flat yet flattering. It’s business in the front with an interesting semi-polygon opening rather that a standard round opening, with a party in the back compliments of contrast piping in a pop color. And, since I can’t go totally flat, the slight 3/4 inch, hidden heel gives me the mini boost I crave. The Susana Flat ($245) will be available on CoyeNokes.com in August in five rich patent colors: mulberry, crimson, nude, charcoal and black. Nude has the crimson piping in the back, and is my personal choice for early fall (and maybe late spring, if the brand let's me get the shoes asap).

Coye Nokes' Susana Flat, Fall 2011. Photo: Coye Nokes
Accessorizing your body, bedroom & beyond!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: