Friday, July 18, 2008

DIESEL, Miami Swim Fashion Week Spring 2009: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

Day 2 in South Beach Miami is here and I’m enjoying this workacation.
Last night I caught the Diesel Swim Fashion Show which had a collegiate, sporty inspiration mixed in with a hint of 80’s flare. The color scheme was black, white, silver and an occasional dash of color. Some the looks took their cue from sports jerseys, and while I’m not a sporty gal, I like the sexy-meets-sporty look Diesel was going for. With menswear, what can I say? The guys were hot, but what do I know about men’s swimwear – some fellas need to stick with long swim trunks and some can pull off Speedo styles. I’m not against the Speedo. My family is Russian and every man I know has worn it around me since I was a baby. But, back to the show. The setup was a runway over the pool that was so cool and something I never experienced before. The only issue was seating. I expected rows of seats as we have in NY and other fashion weeks. Here it was mostly standing, except for VIPS – which by the way, for the life of me, I could not id any of the VIPS. Also singer Teyana Taylor walked the runway to the beat of her own music.


After the show it was time to party and kick off fashion week in a festive way I have not experienced before in New York. The entire Raleigh Hotel pool area, cabana space and part of the beach was converted to what seemed like a frat party (beer pong and all) – all be it with fine food, fabulously dressed guests, and amazing bags. Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Hermes, Foley+Corrina, Rebecca Minkoff and all our other handbag friends where there. I was sporting my white Ted Rossi python clutch – so Miami, no? The party raged on only until 11pm, I’m sure due to noise restrictions. My fiancé watched the show and some of the party from our balcony at the Shelborne Hotel, and then joined me for dinner. Ah, all in a days work. Now, off the pool, then I need to prep for an interview about back-to-school trends and then it’s more shows and parties.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR:
Net-a-Porter




No comments: