Monday, January 17, 2011

Slipper Sunday, John Derian Zodiac Decoupage Plate: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,


The first time I heard the name John Derian, I had just stepped into the Lulu Guinness boutique on Bleecker Street in NYC. Brie, the US public relations representative for Lulu Guinness at the time, was explaining the inspiration for the fall 2006 collection her client created with John Derian. Since then, I’ve been an admirer of Derian’s decoupage plates, lamps and other home décor accessories. In addition to his shop in New York and Massachusetts, there is a lovely assortment of his work on the seventh floor at Bergdrof Goodman. Currently, my wallet is itching to cough up $110 for this rectangular, decoupage plate which has a colorful representation of my zodiac sign, Capricorn. I want to hang it in my new office over a shinny white cabinet from IKEA. What do you think? Would you pay or pass on this piece?

Accessorizing your body, bedroom & beyond!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: