Monday, November 15, 2010

Mystery Monday, Glam Rock Watches Customized Luxury: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,

I haven’t worn a watch in nearly five years and the last one I took off was Cacharel with a gorgeous pearlized blue face with diamonds at every quarter of the clock. I’m just not a fan of occupying a wrist with a time keeper, when I could cover it in a killer Ted Rossi cuff or some over-the-top jeweled bracelet. But, that all changed a few weeks ago when I won a custom-designed watch Glam Rock courtesy of my friends at The Promo Factory.

When the current season of Dancing With The Stars kicked off, I was invited by The Promo Factory to a viewing party of the show and a preview of Glam Rock watches, which had been gifted to many of the cast members. Guests at the event were treated to wine, friendly socializing and the chance to design a watch from countless dials, straps and case covers. The two people who designed the best looks, as judged by the stylish Dawn del Russo, would win the watches they created.

After much back and forth, I settled on a beige alligator case cover, a brown satin strap, and a dial with rose gold – I’m mad for rose gold! The following day I learned of my winnings – and I must say editors are jaded since we get so much for free, but I was over-the-moon.  
(L) Glam Rock watch I designer. (R) Glam Rock watch from Palm Beach collection.

Glam Rock watches from Miami collection.
Glam Rock, launched in Miami in 2005, is a completely customizable line of watches hand crafted in France utilizing the finest leather including genuine alligator, lizard and python, with diamonds, cabochons and semi-precious stones. Not just flash, these watches are quite comfortable thanks to a curved, ergonomic case that grants the wrist ease of motion. Last, but not least, nestled in the heart of the solid stainless steel case, is the Swiss-made movement.

This glamor will cost you. The version I designed is about $1500! Additional straps and case covers start at $55 for synthetic straps and go up to $1950 for a diamond case cover.

It’s time to start saving! 

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: