Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Treasure Tuesday, Ann Taylor Statement Tassel Necklace: PAMELA PEKERMAN

Dear Bagistas,

Several weeks ago, Ann Taylor presented their spring 2011 collection atop the Gramercy Park Hotel. The star-studded affair was attended by Elizabeth Banks, Olivia Palermo, and Fernanda Motta.

Ann Taylor's Statement Tassel Necklace, Spring 2011. Photo: Ann Taylor.
As a first generation American, my mother always taught me the value of having less, but always having the best that you could afford. As such, I remember her purchasing many a career-wear pieces from Ann Taylor, usually at wonderful sale prices. Many of these pieces are still in her arsenal of count-on-me staples.

While Ann Taylor is still a go-to for quality day-to-night attire, I’m particularly impressed with their baubles. The brand’s accessory design team has done a wonderful job of crafting stand-out costume jewelry even I would purchase. (I say that because I have an under $40 costume jewelry rule; I normally can not justify paying hundreds of dollars for jewelry that isn’t made of gold or platinum with precious or semi-precious stones.) However, I’m quite smitten with Ann Taylor’s Statement Tassel Necklace, which hits stores this spring and will retail for $68. The burnished metal finish has an antique finish, and with just a few crystals around the rim of the tassel head, the minimal look blends well with any top or dress. If I didn’t get this in my swag bag at the preview, I’d certainly be anxious to purchase it once it hits stores. Trust me, you will not be sorry with this piece!

If you can’t wait until spring, their a plenty of party perfect gems for holiday dressing on AnnTaylor.com, including the Pearl Cluster Drop Earrings ($38) and the Winter Ball Necklace ($88).

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman

No comments: