Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beach Trends from The Domincan Republic: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

I'm never going on a 7-day vacation again. It's just too darn short. The first day you get there and you unpack and last day you're packing up; so you really have 5 days. Then it takes like 2-3 days (or maybe it's just me) to really believe you're on vacation. So now you have 3 days of pure rest. I don't mean to sound ungrateful that I was even able to go for 7 days, but it's just that I've only been back to work for 2 days and I'm already exhausted - of course I did leave during market week so I'm scrambling to make up appointments. Oh, and Fashion Week is just 2 weeks and 3 days away!! I haven't even begun to plan - but that's a whole separate topic to be faklempt about.

For now I'd like to share my resort trends, as seen on the beaches of Punta Cana.
1)Metallics are still shining, and while silver may be the main metallic for the city, gold still rules at the beach. I saw lots of straw totes accented with gold, tinted PVC gold bags, metallic sarongs and bikinis.
2)Pink and orange are the bold colors that popped out the most. In terms of bikinis lots of zebra and zebra with pink or orange accent trimmings, like on the strings.
3)Straw totes, of course were everywhere but not just in natural. I saw a lot of green, pink, orange and metallic straw.



A big bag DON'T.
I saw WAY too many backpacks (as in Jansport) on the beach. Aside from the obvious ugh factor, it's just so inappropriate. They are dark, ugly, and nothing about them screams "I'm on vacation." Can we all take an oath here and now to NEVER WEAR A JANSPORT BACKPACK or OTHER COLLEGIATE BACKPACK TO THE BEACH? .... Thank you.

Have a bag-a-licious day!
Pamela Pekerman
Add to Technorati Favorites, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

SPONSOR:



No comments: