Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Elliott Lucca's Woven Bags on CSI and In My Closet: BAGTRENDS

Dear Bagistas,

If you happen to be watching CSI Miami recently, you may have noticed a cameo appearance by The Elliott Lucca Signature Woven Drawstring. I have to say that this brands woven collection is really nice and quite affordable. This bag retails for $398, and we're not talking about getting embossed weave. This is the real deal, just like - well, not just like, but pretty similar to - the fabulous Bottega Veneta weave. You have the hand crafted feel and certainly the attention to detail. The hardware is really nice.
I just got one of their woven bags from the spring 2008 collection - another lovely perk courtesy of the job! :) Anywho, it's a great, woven leather white tote with thick strip of muted woven gold (not offensive, gaudy gold) going down the center and smaller silver woven strips on the side of the gold. This gives it a sporty look, but because of the structured shape and the lux effect of the woven leather, the overall vibe you get from this bag is classy summer ease. The best part is that there is an inner slip compartment for my laptop - always a plus. So, between this, the new Rebecca Minkoff Steady ($599) I've pre-ordered (you too can pre-order from SHOPBagTrends.com. For ship dates and colors e-mail customerservice@bagtrends.com or you can call 718.531.6793 M-F 9am-7pm EST), and my red Lulu Guinness tote (I still very much love it though I may temporarily retire it after this summer, just to keep things fresh) I should be all good to go. Wow. That was a vicious run on sentence. Sorry about that :).


Have a bag-a-licious day!

No comments: